Thursday, August 12, 2010

Jean Phillip SS11

Coming out of this show I felt as if a sense of precision had overtaken me. I sat with my back a bit straighter and held my satchel a bit more stiffly. Jean Phillip's collection was overwhelmingly minimal and neutral, making the cut of each piece that much more important. It was obvious the tailoring that has gone into every piece- Even the draping collars and pockets were designed with the upmost care.
The collection brought to mind a range of things from wrestling shorts and roman togas to a warrior like stoicism. Despite these references to, perhaps, "a time before" it couldn’t have felt more modern.


*Marie-Louise
-photography: MLMWinther

2 comments:

A. said...

i love it

Katie Tomlinson said...

I am so happy to hear that you were able to experience this! Congratulations and follow your dreams:)