Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Rodarte


Rodarte for Target- this is the closest many of us will get to the infamous line where skirts go for more than I paid for my car and dresses could pay half the years tuition.
The line has this magnificent concept of combining the realm of fashion with art. The pieces are more often art than clothing. Its not something to thrown on and head to the store..or even to go to a nice dinner- this line is for that once in a lifetime occasion when perhaps your walking the red carpet? or attending a ball..
My favorite look yet is this (the one to the left)- patches, monochromatic, leather, wide stitches, multi mediums..
After seeing what the Target collaboration had, I was slightly let down. Maybe I was hoping for some less practical versions- but I snagged this little number which doesnt look Rodarte to me at all- but it fits the limited color scheme Ive become obsessed with.

Rodarte.net (photos:polariod's)

*Marie-Louise
-Rodarte for target dress, fishbone jacket, Marie-Louise scarf, chelsea boots

13 comments:

Ashley said...

I *love* your scarf! And that dress is a winner, I wanted to buy it but I had to stop myself somewhere... Rodarte overload!

-Ashley
http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

Laura Gerencser said...

Love love love your outfit! And that is a great dress!!

Ela said...

I absolutely love your hair!
I was just looking at that dress online yesterday! It looks lovely on you!

Dylana said...

Gorgeous look! And beautiful color combo! I love that scarf so much!

colormenana.blogspot.com

S.UWAGBA said...

i love the print of this dress!

dont forget to check out my fabulous new blog

fantaschic.blogpsot.com

MERRY XMAS =)

Raez said...

really cute outfit! i love the scarf, looks so cozy:)

hope you have a great xmas!
xx raez

Hawa said...

i looooooooooove your boots!

Theresa said...

wooow, look at that snow.... I love each and every piece of your outfit!

M. said...

I love seeing a dress from Rodarte that not everyone else has, I saw that dress and loved it as well all though I did end up with the slip dress, this one looks great on you!

lovelove,
http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com

Jade "Purple" Brown said...

i love your boots and carmel colored scarf!

yiqin; said...

Fantastic shoes <3

STARR said...

Love the scarf with this whole outfit! Great photos too

A Pinch of Style said...

LOVE the Rodarte dress...one of my fave from his collection for Target. You wore it well.