Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Silver Lining





What is your earliest fashion memory?
I dressed myself. Let me tell you, it was the sailor dresses with crafty necklaces or the stripes with polka dots. But I really started sketching "fashion" during middle school. My best friend and I came up with this "line" called Avant Garde and we specialized in making new things from old. We gathered our old clothes, other peoples old clothes and our mothers neglected things. We used sharpies for designs and I cant forget this skirt we made by shredding the legs of a pair of capris. She was the lucky model to debut a sharpie design tube top with a shredded plaid skirt. Classic.
*Marie-Louise
h&m vest, heritage blouse, f21 skirt and bracelet, bakers shoes

17 comments:

vitaMinn style said...

Lovely fall outfit!

Cute story! It's always nice to start young fashion-wise, so much to learn, so much to wear, so much to shop!

E said...

That's awesome. i took a sewing class when I was young and really wish I had kept up with it more. I used to love sewing...

Faridah said...

Your outfit is super cute!
My earliest would have to be shown in the photos my mum has of when she used to dress me up in leather jackets (my dad makes leather apparel). I was a little biker tot running all over the place. x

B.P Prince said...

you're really pretty, love the last one. and I like the look, its quite preppy, but you have managed to make it cool preppy, not pretentious preppy :)love love <3

Caroline, Lucky Umbrella said...

School girl - love it!

LuckyUmbrella.blogspot.com

Dylana said...

I really love your skirt. Such a sweet shape!

colormenana.blogspot.com

JINX said...

now thats a fun outfit...


fashionjinx.blogspot.com
fashionjinx.blogspot.com
fashionjinx.blogspot.com
fashionjinx.blogspot.com
fashionjinx.blogspot.com
fashionjinx.blogspot.com

Fashion Chalet said...

Next week you'll know ;)

Oh wow, love this. CUTE SKIRT!!!!



xo

Ashley said...

Very sweet look! Love the skirt!

http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

Anika said...

Love this post. And the smile on your face. Seriously, it's contagious...I have no idea why I'm smiling :)

Have a fab weekend

CHICMUSE said...

THE SKIRT+TIGHTS IS TREMENDOUS.. LOVE IT









XX
CHICMUSE

Anonymous said...

Nice entry@

yiqin; said...

The top + skirt goes so perfectly together!

Cycy said...

I love the whole Peter-pan feel to these series. Btw, you should always laugh/smile like you are doing in Picture 1. :)

MJ said...

Great story! And I love how the last picture has you laughing so genuinely. It's really beautiful. Thanks for the lovely comments about my style on my blog!

http://dreamingspiresandoldcartyres.blogspot.com

Alice. said...

I adore the skirt!

Anonymous said...

With that smile, you should be a model also