Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Jumping Rooftops




Old and unexpected. You know those items that you bought long long ago and only wore them here or there but then a few years later they become one of your staple items? I got this studded belt years ago and Ive always loved it but it didnt get out much. As you may have noticed...it definitely gets some use now! Its definitely a go-to item for me.
Cheap and thrifty. You know those items that you buy for a bargain and end up wearing it as if it were really expensive and you were making sure to get your moneys worth? This blouse has been worn so many times and has saved me in so many "I dont know what to wear" situations and I paid less than $3 for it!
I feel that items like these are the things that define my style for certain periods so much more than a pair of stunning heels or dress that I only wear a few times...
To all my readers- thanks for the amazing response on the last post- everyone seemed to really love it! Again..the cheap and thrifty wins!
*Marie-Louise
-h&m high waisted skirt, urban studded belt, aldo ring, rave lace blouse

26 comments:

bloo. said...

Woman you have great style.
set at the bottom of the fantastic!


xoxo.
bloo.

Belphoebe said...

I love this outfit, especially the belt, it looks really feminine x

Jowy said...

CUTE SKIRT!

ONE LOVE,
JOWY
WWW.ISEEJANEMARY.BLOGSPOT.COM

Laura Gerencser said...

Love everything about this! Looks great! Love the blouse!

Ela said...

Love that lacey blouse!

MJ said...

Cheap is clearly best - especially when you'r eon a student budget like me! You look fab.

http://dreamingspiresandoldcartyres.blogspot.com

Merily said...

this blouse is beautiful,

Saray said...

thank you!:)
cute outfit!!!!

STARR said...

It looks really good on you :)

Tracey Ellle said...

absolutely LOVe ur top

Lexie said...

i love your blouse as well :)

Lily said...

Oooh that jumper is gorgeous it looks so warm and snug, love it with the high waisted skirt x

Anonymous said...

The skirt length is perfect!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

love it all.

xtinagirl said...

Hiii Marie Louise! I love the color of your top :]

And I totally understand what you mean about buying things and never wearing them. I've been going through my closet and trying to do some DIY things to it. So far so good! Little rips, cuts, studs here and there.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

-xtina
www.thisisxtina.blogspot.com

Stacy said...

love the blouse and belt! great combination

http://fashionhandglide.blogspot.com

E said...

I'm sooo guilty of recycling very old things in my closet! It feels great though! Makes you feel like you're getting more value out of things. I love that blouse so much with the belt!

Damsels said...

i definitely loved it .
and i like your belt here
great staple pieces

Amelia said...

That happens to me a lot--old things that I never wore before suddenly getting a lot of attention.

Lovely blouse!

Velo said...

sweet! and i am also love ur dress on ur other post... =D

zefa said...

im a 100% know what you're talking about, i also have a vintage high-waist skirt that only cost me about$2,5 and it always save me when i don't know what to wear x)
i love your outfits,and can't wait for your tie-dye.I'll link you,you're such a fashion inspiration :)

Elaine said...

I think cheap and thrifty is so much better! They are always one of a kind pieces and they don't burn a hole in your pocket! I love your casual outfit here. The shirt is wonderful for $3!!!!
clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Yuka said...

you look great!

Aga said...

The blouse is soooooo cute!!! I'd love to have it! ;o)

WildFlower said...

You are such a stunner, man! You look strong & feminine in this look. The cheapy finds are always the most original and I love hunting them down too! Clothes you have to search for seem so much more authentic, if ya catch my drift!
Thank u for your comment honey. x
Oh! and also that 3rd pic down in your last post is hot stuff, love the structure with the floatyness.

Ilyssa said...

Love this!

www.TheStyleEdge.blogspot.com