Thursday, June 18, 2009

F-Stop Blues


Ive been seeing a lot comments about when a label copies another designer- lets say when f21 copies something that alexander wang designed. I have to agree that it might seem immoral for them to make copies but stores like f21 are based on taking high end label designs and making them affordable. Of course if we all could we would all go for the alexander wang but something tells me it doesnt work that way.. I think that its common knowledge that their ideas came from somewhere else. Hey, even cheap wallets want to have style right? The trick is to make sure that the cheap wallets dont look cheap.. its a matter of making sure that you do find the quality pieces in the bargains which can take some searching and patience. To be honest- I dont mind having to re-sew my buttons of if the jacket looks great and was affordable. Maybe ill change my opinion when i build my millions? haha
*Marie-Louise
-h&m jacket, scarf, f21 dress, vintage opal broach

22 comments:

Joana said...

that dress very nice


xxx

Damsels said...

love the scarf and you are so right. wouldnt we all be in a chanel store if we could
We Were Damsels

MT Days & Nights said...

the scarf is a nice touch.

Suzanne said...

love your scarf! it's great with the dress.
thanks for your comment!
xx

Avi said...

love what you wrote " The trick is to make sure that the cheap wallets dont look cheap..."

alice said...

Like your vintage style x)
Thanks for visiting me, come back soon :)

She's Dressing Up said...

The scarf with brooch looks so lovely! And I agree - the fact that high street shops takes inspiration from designers doesn't concern me unless they attempt complete full on rip offs, which sometimes doesn't work so well.

Is This Real Life? said...

Love the outfit! Super cute!
Thanks so much for your comment too!

Enep said...

great! I love navy ble :--D

Monika said...

nice made scarf! I love the way you gave it the look! :)

new post on my blog;) Hope you'll enjoy it!

http://jeadorefashion.blogspot.com

tailorstitch said...

love how you wore the scarf with the broach...without the copycats we couldnt even dream of being about to own similar pieces.

MyMoonDay said...

love your dress!
beautiful pic!!

LACY said...

that scarf is amazing, its simplicity at its best. Lovely post btw :)

Lacysmess.blogspot.com

The Haute-Shopper said...

Really cute dress... I love polka dots! I think it's not just high-street brands that are copying designer labels, but very often luxury designers will copy each other, so it's only natural. There are only a limited number of looks out there, which get adapted. As long as you love what you're wearing and do it with style, I don't really care who designed it ;-) The outfit looks great on you!

p.s. loved the barcelona post. I'm just there myself now and I adore the city!

dapper kid said...

Your dress is so beautiful, and I love your brooch! I think designers being influenced by one another will always happen, regardless of price category. Provided designs are not copied exactly, I see no problem in having similar pieces. Haha and I definitely don't mind having designer looking pieces at cheaper prices ;) Hope you're having a beautiful weekend dear.

Toni Tones said...

love the blazer with that scraf...lovely

Lisa said...

Cute jacket and I love the broach!

HEK said...

So pretty! :)Adore the broach.

Posh said...

Nice look! =)

Hanh, Life-in-Travel said...

love your blue dress!!

Hanh

Tori Deetz said...

i love this outfit.


love the blog in general <3

keep it up!

Emilie said...

I looooooove this outfit!
;)
Emilie