Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Lets Get Personal


I was on my run yesterday.. ipod less. I realized that I’ve been doing this blog on a superficial level and that's not me. I'm take and make things personal- not in the sense that I take ridiculous things and attribute them to me and get all upset. The things that I do in life- I put myself into. My relationships with my family and my friends, school, what I‘m involved.. you get the idea. This blog has only been about the surface of fashion. “This would look good with this and I really like this style” But there is so much more than that. Think about all the things that go into fashion, rather think about all the things that go into what you put on in the morning. Sometimes its a certain mindset, what you have to do that day, who your going to see, where you are going, what mood your in (happy, sad, tough, youthful..). Its not always about having something new to wear but its how all your factors mix together and how your end up portraying that in the outfit. Lets say one day I’m feeling that everything is so complicated but I’m still loving life. I might wear a simple outfit to counteract all the chaos but bright and colorful because life is good. So I’m going to change the way I’m doing this- not in the scene that my life is going to be documented (that’s what journals are for) but what was previously not important can now be important. When you decide what you want to do with your life, it cant be about the surface. There needs to be a deeper meaning, it somehow needs to infiltrate your life.

Yesterday was one of those sunny days where you wake up and you can just feel the happiness in the air. I had the freedom to make the day what I wanted. Small appointments here and there but the rest was up to me. Driving alone in the summertime with my music is one of the freest feelings I know. I went for this floral dress- it has this happy haphazard feeling. Its not constricting and you could go and do anything in it. Perfect for my mood. Aaand I’m excited to say- today is just as wonderful!
*Marie-Louise-Target dress, Urban belt

11 comments:

lucille said...

I love this dress !!

Robin said...

You look lovely.
And I like that you're going to go deeper with your writings in your blog.

Robin
http://threadbearthoughts.blogspot.com/

tena said...

very cute dress. love your blogs about fashion.

Patty said...

i like your dress!

www.patty-style.blogspot.com

Romeika said...

Such a pretty dress:-)

Shin said...

Such a pretty dress! I love reading your thoughts on your blog and fashion. xxoxoxo

kirstyb said...

Such a cute dress love it xoxooxx

Fashion Victim said...

you look dazzling!
thanks for your comment
xoxo
-S

miky said...

thats lovley!!!

Anonymous said...

Like the depth in your blog, also great outfit, you wear is well too :-)

bisou-joue said...

your dress is beautiful !